The main objective of the LALD workshop is to foster a research network around educational data issues and Learning Analytics. The workshop will contribute to the following main challenges of the SIG dataTEL and the LinkedEducation platform:
- Evaluating, promoting, creating and clustering of educational datasets, schemas and vocabularies
- Feasibility of standardization of educational datasets to enable exchange and interoperability
- Facilitating the sharing of educational datasets among TEL researchers in
general, and researchers in the Learning Analytics field, in particular.
- What technologies are available for the exploration of educational datasets, i.e., for filtering, interlinking, exposing, adapting, converting and visualizing educational datasets?
- What are the real-world applications that show a measureable impact of Learning Analytics and thus successfully promote the field to target groups?
- Which tools are available to use and exploit educational Linked Open Data?
- Which innovative TEL applications make large-scale use of the available open Web data?
Evaluation of Technologies and Datasets:
- Fostering standardized evaluation methods for Learning Analytics
- Discuss the need of data competitions similar to TREC7 and CLEF8 to compare TEL research and guide people in evaluating and comparing their results
Privacy and Ethics:
- Contributing to policies on ethical implications of using the educational data for learning analytics (privacy and legal protection rights)
- Suggesting guidelines for the anonymisation and sharing of educational data for Learning Analytics research